Omar D. Joseph
Strategic Marketing & Communications Executive with 10+ years of experience
Strategic Marketing & Communications Executive with 15+ years of experience influencing, building and executing
successful enterprise programs, in collaboration with leadership.
• Experienced Digital Marketing Strategist leveraging innovative video, social media and online initiatives
independently and in partnership with proven external marketing agencies, on-time and under budget.
• Results Oriented Business Leader focused on marketing excellence by identifying achievable goals while balancing
financial, resource and other constraints in highly matrixed leadership structures.
• Passionate & Creative People Manager with a proven track record of managing, mentoring, motivating and
developing diverse employees demonstrating accountability, ethics and character.
• Senior Professional with Diverse Experiences in corporate, agency and consulting environments across multiple
industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, transportation and pharmaceuticals.
2013 – Present QUEST DIAGNOSTIC
2017 – Present DIRECTOR, REGIONAL MARKETING – EAST
• Promoted to serve as marketing leader for all strategic initiatives for a region generating $1.4B across three
submarkets, inclusive of seven states and Washington, D.C.
• Managed strategic vendor partners and creative development teams against a defined strategy, effectively
delivering projects within timelines and a $900,000 budget for 20+ stakeholders across the region.
• Builds strategic marketing plans based on unique research dynamics and customer insights, supported by
feedback gathered in collaboration with various business partners across the company.
• Developed and executed a marketing campaign in New Jersey that raised awareness among physicians and
changed patient behavior.
— Generated 4,000 patient appointments or $200,000 in revenue during a three-month campaign
— Reached record breaking company social media engagement
• Created a region-wide growth initiative consolidating fragmented marketing efforts for patient services,
growing revenue by $300,000 and the average number of patients seen per day by five, per service center.
• Lead African American Business Leaders employee business network providing a cross cultural forum to
network, develop and improve health/wellness, while driving business objectives.
— Founded the fastest growing employee business network, with more than 1,200 members
— Created the companies first diversity internship program
2015 – 2017 DIRECTOR, MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS
• Directed all marketing/communication campaigns as the primary strategic leader across departments.
• Acted as business partner to 30 stakeholders, responsible for digital, video, specialty and print marketing.
• Conceptualized the marketing framework for the first direct to consumer franchise, Blueprint for Athletes,
partnering with the New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans and Washington Wizards.
• Led development of the core visual identity and naming of the enterprise brand Quanum, resulting in a
consolidated portfolio of solutions and online tools for 300,000 physicians and practices.
• Served as a founding member and Co-Chaired Culture Committee implementing programs and initiatives
that helped improve the work environment through new rewards and recognition.
2013 – 2015 DIRECTOR, INTEGRATED MARKETING
• Managed portfolio of products as business partner and strategic marketing lead for Healthcare IT Services.
• Acted as a business partner to 20+ stakeholders responsible for all digital, video, specialty and print marketing.
• Led rebranding and launch of the MyQuest mobile application, resulting in user growth of 100% in one year.
• Created an award-winning campaign increasing employee engagement survey participation and achieving
unprecedented 15% year-over-year growth.
• Rebranded the top four laboratories to introduce the new Quest brand.
• Advised all corporate departments on overall marketing strategy and execution across diverse projects by
determining measurable and achievable goals, target markets and results-oriented plans/tactics.
• Led the Young Professionals Mentoring Committee and developed four programs, mentoring circles, peer
mentoring, job shadowing and speed networking.
2007 – 2013 JK DESIGN
• Responsible for managing and growing key accounts by cultivating relationships with key leaders while leading
creative development, project planning/execution and content development with responsibility for clients across
multiple industries, including healthcare, transportation, manufacturing and pharmaceutical.
• Provided meticulous project management and execution, vendor management and creative thinking resulting in
unique and award-winning print, video, website, branding, event and social media initiatives.
• Specialized in engagement campaigns and projects to improve internal branding efforts and employee retention.
• Led projects related to mergers/acquisitions, spin-offs and company launches by leveraging proven tactics that
created cost savings and reduced headcount requirements.
• Created an internal initiative to help drive brand awareness and growth with an increased company profile that
resulted in substantial growth to the company’s social presence and reach.
2005 – 2007 TYCO INTERNATIONAL
• Managed a $1.3M budget and a team of 13 creative and content production team members responsible for
producing an organizational magazine published in eight languages and distributed to 200,000.
• Held responsibility for the annual departmental and overarching corporate communications strategy.
• Consult corporate functions, including Human Resources, Compliance, Legal and Environment Health & Safety
on communications best practices and overall strategy.
• Authored speeches and presentations for executives for events, conferences and media appearances.
• Developed multi-channel content to reach employees across divisions at the United States headquarters.
• Led a 10-person engagement committee while managing a $250,000 budget responsible for increasing employee
morale, improving the company environment and retaining employee.
O.S. RANDOLPH GROUP LLC – MANAGING PARTNER
• Architected marketing campaigns for multiple brands and businesses encompassing multichannel tactics
including social media, video, email and blogs.
• Negotiated domestic and international brand sponsorship deals worth up to $14,000 per hour.
• Achieved 55 million YouTube views and more than 500,000 subscribers, 500,000 Instagram/Twitter
followers and 25 million Vine loops by executing detailed tactical plans.
• Built detailed scorecards to present competitive analysis and key metrics driving growth and campaign success.
BACHELOR OF ARTS, COMMUNICATIONS
BACHELOR OF ARTS, PUERTO RICAN & HISPANIC CARIBBEAN STUDIES
Awards & Recognition Summary
RECOGNIZED 15 TIMES FOR OUTSTANDING WORK IN MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND FILM
Quest Diagnostics Empowering Better Health Award — Company Award for Healthcare Excellence
Telly Award — Honoring Excellence in Television & Video
MarCom Award — Honoring Excellence in Marketing & Communication
Communicator Award — Leading International Awards Program in Marketing & Communications
International Association of Business Communicators Iris Award — Excellence in Business Communications